WHAT IS AN EBB AND FLOW ARENA?
The Ebb and Flow system imitates the ebb and flow of the tides. Put simply, a grid of pipes is laid under your arena to release large volumes of water into the surface and then quickly drain it away again. Controlled by a flotation device, this ensures consistent saturation of your surface and eliminates the need for an overhead irrigation system.
Designed and tested for the harsh Australian climate, the EBB & FAST FLOW arena system is the most economical way to keep a dry-mixed arena surface at its correct moisture content, resulting in a consistent, safe surface.
Unique to Equestrian Services, our Ebb & Fast Flow arena system differentiates from others in our usage of more efficient drainage materials than sand, allowing faster drainage flow rates. This is crucial under heavy rainfall as the limited drainage capacity and flow rate of sand can result in flooding.
Equestrian Services ensures you an optimum, consistent riding surface to maximise your horse’s performance and safety.
We offer an experienced and professional service that includes full construction of Indoor and Outdoor riding arenas.
EBB & FAST FLOW ARENAS
CONSTRUCTION OF EBB & FAST FLOW ARENA
- Arena site is graded perfectly level and compact.
- If required a layer of sand is put down to make sure the base has no sharp protrusions which could damage the liner.
- The fence or kick-boarding system is installed.
- A laminated one-piece PVC liner is laid across the arena site and folded up onto the kick-boarding.
- A full network of drainage pipe is installed across the site and a layer of drainage material is used to cover the pipework.
- Another layer of geotextile is installed across the site and a drainage material is used to cover the pipework.
- Another layer of geotextile is installed before 125mm of FLEX Pre-mix surface is installed.
Our exclusive water level control units are installed. These units can be connected to any water source to keep the arena water level correct automatically through a float valve, without the use of any electrical apparatus. All units have an overflow system which can be connected to holding tanks or any drainage outlet.
EBB & FLOW for INDOOR USE
The Ebb & Flow system is perfectly suited for indoor use. It is installed in a similar way to our Ebb & Fast Flow System, only replacing the drainage material with course sand as this system only needs to hydrate the surface, not drain it.
The EBB & FLOW systems are much more efficient and environmentally friendly than a standard irrigation system as they do not require power to run. The float system regulates the water flow, and water can be recycled for optimum environmental efficiency.